The Coronavirus was first reported found in Wuhan, China, on 31 December 2019 and has since then had an outbreak reaching most parts of the world.
While some hard-hit countries have taken more strict actions, others are currently monitoring the situation a bit further. One thing for sure is that we all get affected in one way or another.
In recent weeks a huge amount of key events and tradeshows in the industry has been canceled or postponed. It all started when several big companies decided not to exhibit at the Mobile World Congress due to health risks, which eventually led to the event being canceled.
Many tradeshows then followed the lead and canceled or postponed their events to later in the summer or in the fall. Below you see a list of some industry-related events being canceled or postponed:
- Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain (canceled)
- Google I/O in Mountain View, California (Physical event canceled, but Google are exploring other ways to connect)
- LogiMAT in Stuttgart, Germany (canceled)
- SITL in Paris, France (postponed to June 23-26)
- Geospatial World Forum in Amsterdam, Netherlands (canceled)
- Intertraffic in Amsterdam, Netherlands (canceled)
Advice for the public
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the main resource for information regarding the Coronavirus.
Please visit WHO’s website to learn more, or watch the video above find out how to protect yourself and others.
Read more News.