Snapdragon 710 first out in the new portfolio
The 10nm built Snapdragon 710 is the first mobile platform in the new 700-tier portfolio. Qualcomm aims to bring high-tier mobile experiences closer to premium-tier features with it.
The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform is the first in the newly defined and highly significant 700-tier, offering technologies and features previously only available in our premium-tier mobile platforms.
Kedar Kondap, Vice President, Product Management at Qualcomm said.
Performance improvements from the previous portfolio
By implementing AI capabilities and improvements performance-wise, the Snapdragon 710 is designed to provide users with the ultimate personal assistant. To do so the new chip, for instance, brings high-end camera features backed up by fast AI processing without having to cut down the battery life.
The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform improves the following areas compared to the earlier platforms in the 600-tier portfolio:
- AI – A multi-core AI Engine delivers up to 2X overall performance in AI applications compared to the Snapdragon 660.
- Capture – The Qualcomm Spectra™ 250 ISP (Image Signal Processor) improves many aspects of photo and video capturing such as low light photography, noise reduction, fast autofocus, image stabilization and more.
- Display – The Snapdragon 710 is the first mobile platform outside the premium 800-tier that features 4K HDR playback for viewing HDR videos and apps.
- Connectivity – It also comes with the Snapdragon X15 LTE modem which supports speeds of up to 800Mbps. Furthermore, it brings improved Wi-Fi features, Bluetooth 5 and Qualcomm Broadcast Audio and Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo Plus technologies.
- Performance and Battery – Enhancements to the Adreno 616 Visual Processing Subsystem architecture allows a reduction in power consumption compared to the Snapdragon 660. The latest Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+ technology also gives users a 50% battery charge within 15 minutes.
Learn more in the video on top of this page, or see Qualcomm’s press release.
The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform is available today and is expected to be seen in consumer graded devices in Q2. When, and if, we’ll be seeing it in rugged enterprise devices remains to be seen. But it’s definitely interesting to see how the gap between high-tier and premium features decreases in mobile devices.
Read more News